Sep 2, 2010

Spotlight on Natasha Kelly - Piper + Lily


Tell us a little about your business?

Piper+Lily create handmade vintage-inspired children’s clothing jewellery & accessories. Each item is made in a limited run or is one of a kind & made using eclectic vintage, end of run or reclaimed fabrics – no matchy matchy stuff in the Piper+Lily range!


Why did you want to run your own business?

I wanted to be able to do something creative that I could do while looking after my girls. I now realize that it’ not that easy to work from home! I think I’ve always wanted to have my own business but never really knew what I wanted to do. I figure if you have to work you may as well work for yourself!


What have been the challenges?

Definitely finding the time to do everything (or anything for that matter!)! Between looking after my 2 girls, ‘home duties’ & working part-time there’s not that much time left for anything else! Sometimes it can be hard to find the motivation to do anything! And finance!


Where would you like to see your business go in the next year?

I would love to see Piper+Lily become a well known brand in the handmade market, with consistent sales & loyal customers!

The next five years?

I’d love to see Piper+Lily stocked in some high end children’s boutiques across the globe!


What have you achieved since finishing the BiB course?

Since finishing the course in May 2010 I have retailed at my very first market, started my own website  & had Piper+Lily featured on some big kids fashion blogs such as Kid Independent, Kid Style File, Handmade Kids & Chic Mama & Baby.


What advice has helped you most?

There’s not one piece of advice that stands out – but I got a hell of a lot out of the BiB course! I guess one piece was not to undervalue my time!


What advice do you have to others setting up their own businesses?

Find others that will support you in your business venture. The other is stop procrastinating & just do it!











Piper+Lily

1 comment:

  1. Great one Nat....looking good with the gals in the pic too. Keep up the fab work x

    ReplyDelete